Saturday, September 3, 2016

Introduction

So, here's what this is.

I been a huge fan of the Eclipse Phase RPG for a long time. Been a member on their forum for years, etc, etc. Inspired by concepts like Farcast and Seedware I wanted to create a personal space to jot down homebrew ideas for mechanics, characters, plots, items, whatever without having to worry about threads getting buried on a forum or passing into the ether such as on an imageboard. I've had loads of ideas I've either made, or curated over the years - some of which I've never shared outside my immediate gaming group, so I figured I might as well have a place to expand on ideas, keep track of them, share them with people.

 I don't want to say this is a yearblog like Farcast or Seedware. I don't want to nail myself down to posting every day, because I'm doing this for fun. Life can be random or chaotic sometimes, and I don't want this to become a chore for me to do every day. Similarly, I don't know if I'll stretch it out to post a continuous year, or maybe it'll go way past that. And maybe I want to post multiple entries in one day. Some people work well with a lot of rules, some people work well with lots of freedom.

The name comes from the "reputation system" or "reputation economy" concept in the game, where reputational standing with various clusters of factions is codified as "rep", usually with a certain letter prefix. So "H-rep" is my sharing of ideas which are homebrewed, building a little network and maybe a little rep for myself.

Here's hoping for a long while of good ideas.

Eclipse Phase is under the Creative Commons license, Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike. So all credit to the setting and original work go to Posthuman Studios, who generously allow their work to be shared, copied or remixed for noncommercial purposes, so long as it's done with attribution under the same licensing.

No comments:

Post a Comment